Driver's Licenses


Call for an Appointment

  • Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 12:00  1:00 - 4:00 CST
  • Phone: 785.765.3812

We are not a "full service" station and process Kansas driver's licenses Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed 12-1) 

Our services are limited to:

  • Regular Renewals
  • Duplicates
  • Address Changes
  • ID Cards
  • Driver's Education - Instruction Permits, Farm Permits, Restricted Licenses



License Renewals and ID Card Fee Chart

 4 Year

6 Year

Class C



Class CM



Class A/B



Class A/BM




Identification Cards


Total: $22.00

Over 65

Total: $18.00


Total: $18.00

Regular, Motorcycle & CDL Handbooks - $ 2.00    

County Service Fee of $ 2.00 added to each Driver's License

Real ID

Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID ACT "set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses."  The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibits federal agencies from accepting, for official purposes,  licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards.  

Starting October 10, 2015, visitors seeking access to military bases and almost all federal facilities using their state-issued driver's licenses or identification cards must present proper identification issued by REAL ID compliant states or a state that received an extension.  

Starting January 22, 2018, passengers who have licenses issued by a state that is compliant (Kansas is one) or that has an extension to become compliant with Real ID requirements may continue to use their licenses as usual.  Travelers who cannot provide an acceptable form of identification will not be permitted through the security checkpoints.  

Starting October 1, 2021, EVERY air traveler will need to present a REAL ID-compliant license or another acceptable form of identification for domestic air travel.  


1. You will need to provide proof of lawful presence.  Please select ONE document from the list below:

  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired Permanent Residency Card
  • Unexpired Employment Authorization Card
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)

2. You must provide proof of your social security number.  Please select ONE document from the list below.  The document presented must match the name on the lawful presence document.

  • Social Security Card
  • Current W-2 or 1099 (must have full social security number listed - if only the last 4 digits of the social security number are listed, will not be accepted)
  • Current pay stub (must have full social security number listed - if only the last 4 digits of the social security number are listed, will not be accepted)

3.  You must provide proof of Kansas residency, dated within the last 60 days.  Junk mail or personal letters will not be accepted.  The following are a few examples of documents that can be used to prove Kansas residency:

  • Current Driver's License
  • Renewal Postcard
  • Vehicle Registration
  • Utility Bill

4. If your name has changed from what is presented for lawful presence in number one above (due to adoption, marriage, divorce, court ordered name change), or is not the same on all of ;your documents, you must provide proof of the name change to the DMV.  The following are documents that will be accepted to prove a legal name change:

  • Certified Marriage License
  • Divorce Decree
  • Legal Adoption Paperwork
  • Any Court Ordered or Legal Name Change Documents

PLEASE NOTE:  Laminated documents and photocopies will not be accepted.  

(Kansas Department of Revenue 2017)